With a deadline for applications looming this Sunday evening, KCLR are gearing up to kick off Irish Music Month on Friday 1 October.
The local radio station, along with 24 other independent broadcasters around the country, has teamed up with Hot Press for Irish Music Month which will see even more Irish music played across the country’s airwaves.
What’s it all about?
- Assist in the national campaign to support the live music industry in Ireland from grass roots upwards
- Play more Irish music, in all its wonderful diversity – and provide a significant additional boost for the profile and status of Irish artists
- Help to generate a fresh buzz of excitement about the work of Irish artists, musicians and performers
- Run a major national talent search, under the A New Local Hero banner, that will involve the direct payment of €100k to Irish artists
- Assist in boosting sales of Irish merchandising and other band and artist products through a major free on-air advertising campaign
- Create additional exposure for Irish artists in Hot Press and across other Irish and international media
Local Hero / Taking Part
With mention of the Local Hero element, the station are looking for musicians and bands from all walks to submit original music by 26 September to be included in the Irish Music Month programme.
Getting an entry in is easy – send your track and an introduction to [email protected].
- All submissions need to include band/artist name, a bio and an MP3 of an original song (no covers)
- Judges choose the top 5 songs from all entries received, with those songs broadcast on KCLR across 11-15 october with all shortlisted acts interviewed for air
- If your song makes the shortlist, you automatically get €700 for you or your band
- Public voting opens on kclr96fm.com on 15 October, running until 19 October with the winning song announced on 20 October
- The overall winning band across the country will win €5,000
- All entrants must be available for interviews/recordings from week commencing 4 October
With at least €700 up for grabs for just making the final five, now’s a good time to get your original entries in.
Find out more here at KCLR and here at Hot Press or grab your best / most recent track (no cover songs) and email it to KCLR before Sunday evening on [email protected] (tell them we sent you).